Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Higatangan Island

The Rock Formation at the Higatangan Island

I arrived early in the morning at Naval from Cebu when I heard that my Uncle and his basketball team will be going to Higatangan Island. Higatangan Island is one of the tourist destinations in the province of Biliran. It is located in Naval Municipality. Higatangan Island boasts the finest white sand in the province. Since I haven’t visited the island, I decided to go with my Uncle. It was fun during the first time. We arrived at the island noon time and ate our packed foods. We chose to stay at the back part of the island because it is a bit “virgin” yet to tourists. Only locals know this part of the island. Another part of the island that I liked so much is the Shifting Sandbar. I’ll be posting some picture of it some other time because I don’t have a photo of it yet. My camera went lowbat when we arrived there.

Update (05012011): As promised, I'll be posting a picture of the Shifting Sandbar. Last week, my family and I went to the Island to spend the the last days of Holy Week there. For the Shifting Sandbar, you can't expect too much from it because when we went there, its high tide so we weren't able to enjoy the Sandbar that much. Check on this link to view my story of how I saved a doctor's life in that Sandbar.

The Shifting Sandbar during high tide.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Save And Share : Share On Facebook ! Share On Google Buzz ! Add To Del.icio.us ! Share On Digg ! Share On Reddit ! Share On LinkedIn ! Post To Blogger ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Share On MySpace ! Share On Yahoo Buzz ! Share On Google Reader ! Google Bookmark ! Send An Email ! Blog Feed !