Monday, December 3, 2012

Traditional Filipino Games, Is it still alive?

Some kids in an highly urbanized cities in the Philippine nowadays are very exposed to the high tech gadgets. Example are my niece and nephew. They have PSP Vita, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, Kindle, Laptop and mobile phones. All of their spare time are being spent in front of this gadgets and I don't know if they could still play outside like the kids back in the 90s. When I was a kid, I used to play tagu-taguan, habulan, patintero and all the kid stuff played at the street. I think it has been passed from the old days up to the next generation but right now, kids don't play those games anymore. Kids this days plays Dota, Farmville, Mafia Wars, Angry Birds and list goes on and on. It's like the traditional Filipino games are being erased and will now remain a history.
Bomber/Bummer
Syatong

I was amazed when I saw some kids playing at the street when I was able to visit a certain place in Villaba, Leyte. They played "syatong" and "bomber or bummer" (I don't know the exact spelling). I was happy watching them because I was able to recall my childhood games. Compared to the games being played by kids nowadays, the traditional Filipino games are more actively played and I think it's more fun. I just hope that this won't be forgotten by kids and would still be played on the streets.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Save And Share : Share On Facebook ! Share On Google Buzz ! Add To Del.icio.us ! Share On Digg ! Share On Reddit ! Share On LinkedIn ! Post To Blogger ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Share On MySpace ! Share On Yahoo Buzz ! Share On Google Reader ! Google Bookmark ! Send An Email ! Blog Feed !

1 comments:

All Freeware and Shareware said...

Thanks for sharing this post,

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment