Saturday, July 28, 2012

Troubleshooting a car that won't start. Not

Fixing a car is not an easy task specially that I am not an experienced driver mechanic. I can drive well but when it comes to troubleshooting, I'm no good at it. Maybe I can fix basic stuff but that's up to changing lights or checking the oil and water. Yesterday, our team's vehicle, the devil's car broke down and it won't start. No reaction when you try to start the engine. I checked on horn and lights and it was all working well. So battery is not the problem. I remember an experienced driver who tried to fix the car checking on the cable of the battery if it's all connected together. I tried what he did by pulling one big cable that goes throug the bottom of the engine. I believe that was the cable connected to the starter. When I did what he did before and the engine started. So I came into conclusion that it might be the starter cable who's trying to mess up with me.

We travel almost everyday and I can't do the cable pulling everytime I start the engine. So I asked for the assistance of my friend who's a driver too to help me fix the cable. We were both inexperienced in being a mechanic. We did everything we think that could expedite the problem but its getting worser than we can imagine. The cable pulling doesn't work anymore. I called my father for help and advised me to check if the cable is dirty or the battery is producing salt. I checked on it and everything seems fine. But that was just on the battery's side. We checked on the cable connected underneath the engine and yes, it was all rust and dirt. We removed the cable and cleaned it. That was our last resort before we hire a professional mechanic. We connected the cable through a bolt after finalising the cleaning of the cable. Tried to ignite the engine and voila the engine had a reaction and it started. I felt happy accomplishing this mission on the devil's car. Now I'm learning new stuffs when it comes to troubleshooting a car. Woot!


P.S. This post was created via Blob, Blogger's client for Nokia mobile phones.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Save And Share : Share On Facebook ! Share On Google Buzz ! Add To Del.icio.us ! Share On Digg ! Share On Reddit ! Share On LinkedIn ! Post To Blogger ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Share On MySpace ! Share On Yahoo Buzz ! Share On Google Reader ! Google Bookmark ! Send An Email ! Blog Feed !

5 comments:

klipertsky said...

ayus ser! bat di ka mag aral sa tesda ng automotive..

Boffill said...

Haha. Wala nang oras.

Unknown said...

ako nang kamot dong???

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Boffill said...

Animal ka, alangan. Imo na. :D

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment