Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tanauan, Leyte Church

 Last weekend, I was at Tanauan, Leyte to visit the wake of one of my relatives there. On the burial day, we went to the church of Tanauan for the blessing of her body. I went inside the church and sat for awhile until I noticed that the church is old. The details are just like the other old churches that I've seen in Bohol and in Cebu. I never thought that there are old churches made by Spaniards in Leyte too.I went outside the church to check if it has the Philippine Historical Committee sign outside and yes, I ain't no wrong because it does have the information of the church by the Philippine Historical Committee. Actually, you won't notice that its old because the front side is newly painted but if you're gonna check the sides, you'll definitely notice that the church is made up of stones, usually stones from the sea. I then took some photo of the church and asked my Uncle about some information about the church. My Uncle told me that this church is mysterious. There was a priest who took his life at the back of the church, at the convent. I had no chance of getting there at the convent since the gate is locked. My Uncle also told me that the near the church has ghosts roaming around.

The church was made in 1769 and was renovated in 1850. Just check on the photos of the church below.







Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Save And Share : Share On Facebook ! Share On Google Buzz ! Add To Del.icio.us ! Share On Digg ! Share On Reddit ! Share On LinkedIn ! Post To Blogger ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Share On MySpace ! Share On Yahoo Buzz ! Share On Google Reader ! Google Bookmark ! Send An Email ! Blog Feed !